We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
We are seeking a talented Verticals Marketing Manager to assist in driving business and market growth in a targeted vertical market segment with a primary focus on the EMEA digital native and Enterprise customers while leading the commercialization of our communication API. This involves developing formalized sales and marketing strategies and building-specific plans to support that strategy.
As part of Vonage's API EMEA Sales team, the Verticals Marketing Manager reports to the VP of EMEA Sales, actively works with the Sales Leaders and teams to develop the long-term segment strategic plan as well as the tactical annual outreach plan for the various verticals they are responsible for.
There are tremendous growth opportunities within this position and team; you will have a chance to learn and develop skills in B2B technology sales, marketing, and more. We are growing rapidly and we expect our team to grow to more senior positions (Sales, Senior Sales, Management) across the organization as we gain experience and achieve higher levels of performance.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain territory plan with Account Managers from your assigned geography
- Lead a cross-functional team to deliver revenue commitments and growth targets for our largest vertical markets
- Develop an annual business plan using input from the customers and Sales Teams to identify and develop specific marketing tactics and commercial action plans to deliver annual growth objectives. Plans should include a focus on the continued growth of the core business, new product launch plans, competitive response plans, new channel penetration plans, and demand creation plan
- Support the attainment of the annual sales target by providing marketing programs and sales tools
- Focus on strategy – this position is heavily oriented towards the development of strategic initiatives. A great opportunity for someone who has proven themselves in daily management, and is ready to strengthen their strategic skillset
What you'll bring
- A hunter mindset and willingness to talk on the phone with prospects
- Ability to work at a fast pace to have as many meaningful interactions with prospects as possible each day
- Highly collaborative mindset and you are a team player - our success is together, not alone.
- Creativity around new ideas to help the team be successful
- Autonomy and ability to make things happen without supervision or tight control
- Keen interest in growing their career in tech
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written skills
What is required of you
- Demonstrated experience in the commercial launch of new products, market segmentation techniques, market research and analysis tools, and the development and use of demand creation and promotional tools and strategies
- Awareness of competitive intelligence techniques
- Development and implementation of business/product/marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate and implement strategic business plans
- Strong planning, organization, listening, and communication skills
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.