Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
The Principal Solutions Engineer partners with the sales team in the development and closing of sales opportunities. This person will serve as technical Subject Matter Expert for the sales team on Vonage product and service offerings and assist in all components of the sales cycle from discovery to close. They will build solutions that achieve Vonage business and financial goals as well as meet or exceed clients’ business and functional requirements.
What you will do
- Oversee Solutions Engineering participation in major projects and provides future looking technical guidance inside and outside the group.
- Engage with Vonage senior leadership and key sales, business, product and technical stakeholders to help craft Solutions Engineering strategies, priorities and objectives.
- Analyze trends to determine root causes of issues and recommend corrective action.
- Create and document Solutions Engineering operating policies, procedures and systems.
- Evaluate product performance, client/industry needs and client satisfaction, providing feedback to the Product Team to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of the Vonage product portfolio.
- Conduct live and remote demonstrations and make presentations to prospective customers clearly articulating the Vonage value proposition.
- Analyzes current processes, systems and integration points, recommending future efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
What you will bring
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and high levels of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend steps to address equipment, product and system customer service issues.
- Effective communication skills to work with technical and non-technical individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
What is required for application
- 8+ years as Solutions/Sales Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- CCaaS experience is required, UCaas and API experience is highly desired
- Demonstrate ability to develop, build and maintain strong relationships with sales team, partners, vendors, and customers
- Must be a compelling, passionate and confident public speaker with communication skills of the highest caliber
- Understands sales process, strategies, and solutions selling
- Ability to analyze complex problems or situations and develop effective solutions
- Ability to create convincing proposals and documentation
- Data Networking, SIP, Cloud Computing certifications
- Strong experience with networking protocols, standards and hardware
- Technical knowledge of Broadsoft and advanced contact center products
- Exceptional work ethic, time management, and organizational skills
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.