Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. They face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us develop best in class internal tooling to manage multiple domains within our expanding product portfolio.
What you will do
- Building systems to enable real time capabilities across an extensive range of market leading voice, video and messaging API services
- Create scalable microservices that will help support our impressive growth
- Write efficient and scalable code
- Develop on a public cloud infrastructure
- This role is predominately Java server-side, and there is also a front-end aspect. The split of time is approximately 80% server-side and 20% front-end
- AWS (S3, EMR, Redshift, ...)
- Anything needed to achieve our goals
What you will bring:
- Excellent software engineering skills in Java
- Hands-on experience or willingness to learn Ruby
- An excellent practical understanding of high performance, highly distributed computing
- Experience working on high availability systems
- An understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
- Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures, web services and caching.
- Experience dealing with event-driven pipeline (Kafka or other).
- Willingness to learn and use different technology/programming languages.
- Experience working with public cloud. AWS would be advantageous
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)