Vonage Engineering Mission
As one of our web client SDK engineers, you’ll join our core engineering team and use your experience to work on the OpenTok JS SDK. It encompasses the API used to drive cross-platform, cross-browser conversations the world over.
The web client team follows Agile methodology. We have scrums and our sprints last two weeks. We take part in the usual rituals: sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives, to name a few.
We also have monthly Hack Days and Tech Debt Days. Hack Day is when developers get to hack on anything of their choosing. Some choose to do R&D. Some choose to work on a pet project. Others choose to learn something new, by watching a tech talk, for example. The only requirements are that you have fun and share in what you learned. Tech Debt Day is reserved for handling tech debt. Developers have free range over what they want to tackle. (Even though we have Tech Debt Days, we also make room to handle more substantial tech debt items.)
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Participating in development and maintenance of the OpenTok JS SDK code base
- Contribute to software architecture for real-time media streaming and quality optimizations
- Engaging in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, including research-oriented exploratory programming, design, implementation, testing, debugging, and data-driven impact analysis
- Designing new APIs to solve specified requirements, and provides feedback on API design
- Conducting continuous analysis to measure and improve the SDK performance (e.g. CPU, Memory, connectivity latency, etc.)
- Working with the cloud, testing, and support teams to ensure performance, quality, and simplicity of use of the SDK
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years professional experience as full-time software engineer
- Understanding of common challenges with cross-browser development
- Enjoys communicating with others and is always eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.