Vonage Engineering Mission
Enable next generation communications that are more flexible, intelligent and personal - empowering our customers to do what's next and stay ahead
Why this role matters.
Vonage’s Information Security Team is seeking an Application Security Engineer to help test, maintain, and manage application security. The selected individual will help identify risk in both existing and new applications. The candidate should have hands-on experience with secure software design principles and application penetration testing. Working in 3 leading areas of the business to assist the DevSecOps model.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Be able to clearly communicate security findings and concerns with other technology teams.
- Participate in requirement reviews and design meetings to ensure that security by design is an integral part of the SDLC
- Perform application penetration testing using both automated tools and manual techniques
- Perform on-going security testing and assist in evaluating static code reviews to improve software security
- Provide architectural engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Maintain technical documentation
- Be a consultant for team members on secure coding and best practices
- Working knowledge of software development patterns, frameworks and techniques, to include PI planning, agile and modern methodology.
- Collaborate with developers and engineers to continuously improve security
What you will bring
- Proven work experience as a software security engineer
- Proven work experience with securing AWS, containers and serverless architectures
- Experience applying security software design techniques in complex systems
- The design, implementation and use of software APIs, with security implications
- Hands on experience with application pen-testing tools/services (e.g. Burp Suite, Zap, Nmap Metasploit, etc)
- Must demonstrate high technical aptitude and experience in Information/Cyber Security
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development
- Security tokens and their design, authentication and associated protocols.
What is required for application
- Strong experience in software architecture and development and/or network engineering
- Experience in network, system, or software security; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- Ability to stand firm on Security First best practices even when challenged
- Good knowledge of AWS, container orchestration and securing the development pipeline
- Proven history of working independently, gaining alignment from others, and leading cross-organizational projects with minimal oversight
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.