We embody the notion of “Be what’s next, right now!” We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
As a Vonage Software Engineer, you will build the infrastructure and business logic for next generation unified communication platforms. We challenge our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
● Be in charge of developing software solutions that serve millions of users and businesses in their day to day communication needs, by specializing in end-to-end development.
● Act as the architect, designer, and coder of your project
● Take part in developing next-generation technologies that change how people communicate.
● Utilize Java and the latest technologies such as AWS, SpringBoot / Spring MVC, micro-service architecture, and MongoDB
What you'll bring
● End-to-end task ownership: This is a position that requires a leader – someone who can confidently see a project through from beginning to end.
● Ability to innovate disruptive technologies: Have an idea about how to solve a communications problem? We want to know about it and then we want to support your vision for bringing it to life.
● Independence in tackling challenges: You don’t need anyone to keep you on track.
● Organization and efficiency.
What's required for application
● At least 7 years of software development experience and knowledge of Java.
● Ability to handle full application development cycle – from requirements to production.
● Experience in Agile software development methodology: Scrum, Kanban, etc.
● Desire to mentor junior developers so they become an awesome engineer like you!
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay, and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off, maternity leave policy, and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.