We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with high social intelligence and a natural inclination for selling, who understands the value of research and the importance of personalizing value propositions and messaging to target contacts. He or she is highly driven and values the benefits of being part of an agile growing team.
You will be the very first point of contact for potential customers for Vonage and play a vital role not only in generating a sales pipeline, but helping us refine sales and marketing strategy based on your interactions and successes with prospects.IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
- Research and develop insights on target accounts
- Setup ICP persona-based account plans, including personalized digital/online assets
- Orchestrate account strategy plays; email, phone calls, and direct mail to target contacts
- Measure results and refine outreach accordingly
Daily Adventures include:
- Performing outbound & inbound sales activities, contacting potential clients through phone, emails, LinkedIn and other channels;
- Discovering new leads through creative internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, Inbound Lead flow in Salesforce.com, using LinkedIn Navigator, etc
- Qualifying & disqualifying potential customers based on a thorough knowledge of Vonage API platform products
- Keep meticulous and detailed notes updated in Salesforce.com
- Schedule meetings for assigned Regional Account Executives
- Collaborating with Marketing counterparts, assigned Regional Account Executives and sales leadership to optimize performance
- Develop and maintain territory plans with assigned Regional Account Executives for their assigned territories
- Well-developed interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a B2B technology/software environment preferred
- 4-year degree mandatory; a specialization in Technology Communications, or Business a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach.io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, G Suite
- Highly focused with a goal-oriented mindset
- Creative and communicative about new ideas to help the team be successful
- Autonomy and ability to make things happen without supervision or tight control
- Interest in growing your career in tech
- Sound writing abilities, in particular crafting relevant communications that engage senior executives
- Strong research, organizational and time management skills
- Track-record of success in previous jobs
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.