We embody the notion of “Be what’s next. Right now.” We envision, develop, and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity, and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
We are looking for an analytical and experienced Senior Development Engineer in Test (SDET) that specializes in testing back-end applications and processes. To succeed In this role, you will automate testing back-end infrastructure, APIs, and business logic for Vonage’s latest billing and rating platform across multiple lines of business. The individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the generation of Automated Test Cases for the Continuous Integration Pipeline, Test Planning, and Test Execution to ensure our projects can be released in an error-free manner. Our automation efforts ensure Vonage customers receive the most accurate invoice possible.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy for a streamlined CI pipeline.
- Design, develop, and maintain a version-controlled Automated Test Framework using various technologies and tools.
- Work closely with Developers to research and understand applications, create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality within an expansive back-end micro-service architecture.
- Utilize technologies such as AWS, Python, Kubernetes, Kafka, JSON, MongoDB, Java, Postman, Helm, and Concourse.
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools).
- Document, track, and escalate issues to build effective relationships through partnerships and collaboration.
- Take responsibility for testing of individual components and end-to-end testing flows.
- Work closely with Developers, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to review products and requirements.
What you'll bring
- Self-motivation, creativity, and proactiveness to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including diverse technologies, labs, and architectures.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product defects.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and challenging team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What's required for application
- B.S./B.A. degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or technical certification and/or experience.
- Experience working with containerized applications via Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing services, such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or SoftLayer.
- Experience in developing, running, and maintaining a Continuous Integration system.
- Strong experience with automating and testing RESTful APIs.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.