Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
What you will do:
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing our next-generation, cloud-based, real-time voice / video communications platform. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to have a strong background in WebRTC and VOIP related technologies. Additionally, this role is expected to have full-stack development experience with client-server architectures, micro-services, databases, cloud-based technologies, API design and more.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and develop a wide-range of voice and video solutions.
- Design and develop for scale and reliability.
- Develop software using best practices including aspects of test, deployment and operations.
- Ability to choose the appropriate technology based on the need.
- Apply innovative thinking to all functions of development.
- Ability to complete individual tasks end-to-end independently but working with a larger team to accomplish bigger objectives.
What you will bring:
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education
- 2+ years of relevant Software Development experience
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, STUN, TURN)
- Design Video and Voice solutions leveraging WebRTC standards
- Knowledge of WebRTC codecs and protocols
- Relational (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Redis, Mongo, DynamoDB) database technologies
- Cloud-based technologies such as AWS
- Linux Systems knowledge (performance tuning, basic networking, file systems)
- Experience with version control systems like Git, SVN etc
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills
Additional Skills (would like to have but not required)
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Open-source technologies such as FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, OpenSIPs and/or Kamailio
- Familiarity with Unified Communications features
- Familiarity with developing Video Conferencing solutions (SFU, MCU)
- AWS certification(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.