We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to
connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We
look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to
develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing
We offer a competitive salary for the Bay Area, including annual bonus and RSU, as well as a
great benefit package. Why go to a company where your work gets lost in a sea of engineers
contributing to a small piece of the machine. Your work matters here at Vonage. We value
creativity and individuality.
Why this role matters
As a leader in WebRTC communications, Vonage is looking for an
experienced Software Engineer to join our Cloud Platform Engineering team. Software
Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified
We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches
and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of
system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses
all over the world. You can join our team as a Cloud Software Engineer, growing your own
career and helping others succeed.
This is a hands-on technical software development position that involves working on advanced
server technologies. We are looking for strong candidates with real-world experience designing
and delivering high-capacity high-performance services. Position title will be commensurate
with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you will do:
● Design/implement new features and strategies to improve scalability and stability of
components in our platform.
● Build REST APIs that will enable and drive features across both control and media plane
components in our platform.
● Break monoliths into microservices and contribute to scaling microservice architecture.
● Continue to push efforts to promote testing and delivering high quality products with
input for increasing productivity with automation.
● Video Tech/API item?
What you will bring:
● The candidate will bring experience with designing and implementing REST APIs, AWS
cloud deployment with container technologies and breaking monolith components into
● Experience in building APIs for routing, scaling and doing operations with real-time
audio, video, and event streams.
● Doing well in this role will mean you are highly customer-centric and enjoy working on
large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working
collaboratively in a high-octane team environment.
What is required for application:
● 5+ years experience working on backend systems, with excellent debugging and problem
● Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, memory management, and
● Experience building high-quality distributed systems or backend services.
● Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
● Highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high
performance systems software while working collaboratively in a high-octane team
● Ability to lead and follow. This position requires ownership of design and
implementation of platform components. It also requires an ability to follow established
standards and methods when contributing to other platform components.
● Expertise in one of C++, Java.
Nice to Have, but Certainly not Necessary
● Experience with architecting load balancers to distribute load across stateful servers.
● Experience with WebRTC, RTP, XMPP, SIP, media codecs is a plus.
● Experience with Chef, ElasticCache and Kubernetes is a plus.
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative
work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited
discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within
the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.