Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Vonage API is growing fast and is always working on new products and for that reason we are looking for a Communications Engineer, who will support a variety of production and internal facing systems dealing with high volumes of transactions. This role is focused on resolving complex technical issues that are escalated from our support team.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Work closely with a team of Communications Engineers within a fast-paced, modern, agile devops environment.
- Understand and apply state-of-the-art technologies and processes.
- Understand project requirements, performance expectations and success criteria.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders within Vonage, and understand project and organizational interdependencies.
- Follow established processes and methodologies for design, development, testing and deployment to deliver projects on time with very high quality.
- Work on effective maintenance and monitoring of communications equipment, devices, systems and networks – in terms of functionality, reliability, resiliency, performance and security.
- Investigate, isolate and repair identified issues quickly and accurately.
- Document processes and procedures to support design, development and operations of systems managed by the team.
- Contribute with recommendations for continuous improvement.
What you will bring
- Expert understanding of either VoIP and related protocols, including SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP and TCP/IP or SMS and related protocols including SMPP, encoding ,VPN, SSL, TLS and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of VoIP quality metrics and experience with reporting and analysis tools such as VoIP Monitor, Icinga,Hepic, Grafana and Empirix.
- Good knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure automation.
- Exposure to CI/CD/automation provisioning tools such as Terraform, Github, Chef, Vagrant and Jenkins..
- Good experience with Linux / Unix and various scripting languages, preferably Python.
- Working knowledge with SQL DBs like MySQL and RDS.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in a similar engineering/operations role working on extremely high volume platforms, microservices, docker or messaging systems would be a huge plus
- Navigate ambiguity.
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to team members and stakeholders.
- Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
- Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)