Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Come grow your career at Vonage with our Delivery team. Quality at Vonage is at the center of everything we do. If you want to create products that change the world and are committed 100% to customer success—this is the place. Great products. Great people. Great team. Great opportunity. We are looking for highly motivated technical talent that will step up and have an impact.
We are looking to hire extraordinary Application Penetration Engineers and you will be developing automated tools and tests to continuously improve the security of our software development process and the software we develop.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
As a Vonage application penetration tester, you will plan, research, and execute tests against Vonage applications, infrastructure, and cloud to simulate real-world attacks, summarize test findings and make recommendations for remediation.
You'll help ensure that our software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will perform technical security assessments, code reviews and vulnerability testing to highlight risk, helping Vonage teams to improve security.
What you will bring
- Demonstrable penetration testing experience
- Strong technical background and understanding of operating systems, databases, network infrastructure and web architecture.
- Extensive coding skills including any of the following: C#, Java, Python, Bash
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a highly dynamic environment
- Secure development experience and accompanying complex projects
- Quick learning capabilities
- Formal academic software-related background - preferred
- Relevant Security Certifications and/or AWS certificates - preferred
- Understanding of cloud platforms and related technologies
- Mobile Application Penetration Testing (iOS & Android)
- Red team experience
- Proven technical writing skills
- Extensive skills in providing written and verbal presentations
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.