About the Team
The mission of the Ecosystem Engineering team is to make our customers successful with the Vonage Communications API platform. Our Product and Engineer teams have built an awesome platform with outstanding SDKs and APIs. Our Business Development and Marketing teams attract customers with great applications that need real-time communication. The Ecosystem team develops applications and solutions on top of the platform that ease adoption, development, and operation for our customers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop internal and customer-facing applications that improve the developer’s experience with the Vonage Communications API platform. You will work with the Vonage Product Management team to map business requirements to technical requirements, design solutions, and develop software solutions. Your success will come from mastering the Vonage platform APIs and using that knowledge to provide solutions to our customer’s hardest problems.
- Develop APIs and applications based on machine learning models and other data sources.
- Design and build internal and customer-facing tools that provide accessibility to platform data and help customers develop and operate effective and successful applications.
- Be a champion of developer experience by using your knowledge of customer struggles to define and build applications that help customers and internal teams address them.
- Establish software development methods for the team that are consistent with other engineering practices at the company.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Become accomplished with data analysis tools so that you can visualize application performance and automate problem solving.
- Mentor other engineers for software engineering best practices.
Qualities you possess
- You write code that you would be proud to have open sourced.
- You have experience working with machine learning models to deliver customer-facing applications.
- Capacity to relate to our developer community and understand what they need to be successful with the platform.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, web development frameworks, and user interface design along with a BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers.
- Outstanding debugging skill and an ability to abstract out and automate debugging tasks.
- You are willing and able to learn independently and from your peers.
- You have been developing software as a full stack developer for 4-7 years.
- You have developed software with server side technologies (Node, Java, C++ etc.).
- You work with both engineers and others in the organization to deliver results.
- You are familiar with and practice industry standard software development methodologies.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience leveraging ML models to deliver data driven applications.
- Experience with OAuth or other industry-adopted authentication methods.
- Experience developing applications using platform-as-a-service SDKs and APIs
- Network engineering and network protocols
- Open source project contributions and management
- Familiarity with real-time communication technologies including: WebRTC, RTP, SIP and audio/video codecs
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.