Head of Content Marketing & Creative
Location: Hub Office (Holmdel, NJ, Atlanta, GA, San Francisco, CA) or Remote USA (Boston or Austin Areas Preferred)
Why this role matters:
The Head of Content Marketing & Creative will lead a talented team of content producers and visual designers to make Vonage’s narrative, storytelling, brand and value proposition make meaningful connections to target audiences. Reporting to the CMO, this newly created role will create a Content and Creative Marketing Center of Excellence responsible for designing, monitoring, measuring and improving the entire content ecosystem, working in close collaboration with product and field marketing, demand generation, brand, communications and web teams.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
What you will do:
- Define and own an integrated content strategy as well as creative writing, editorial and copywriting services in support of marketing outreach through the customer journey to deliver on our short to mid-term goals.
- Manage centralized editorial calendar and schedule with reporting to ensure coordination of content release, campaigns and high value content distribution.
- Develop proprietary content, curate content of all types across marketing disciplines for differentiated marketing experiences (e.g. SEO, Editorial planning, email, website, social channels, native advertising, etc.), and ensure content is aligned.
- Ensure all creative and content is reflective of our evolving brand across a variety of mediums (infographics, online advertising, email, video, presentations, website, social media).
- Develop compelling and engaging content, strong calls to action, on-brand and on-deadline, for Vonage Communications Platform services and solutions portfolio. This involves generating (researching and writing) original as well as curating and editing/redeveloping existing content.
- Develop comprehensive content strategies for integrated demand generation, email campaigns and content experiences, and the corresponding deliverables and measurements.
- Conduct content/creative audits and inventory to understand current capabilities and create a centralized content and creative asset library.
- Analyze gaps in how the content inventory maps to our customer audiences and their specific customer journey requirements and conduct monthly content inventory and content creation updates to fill those gaps.
- Oversee content measurement and key performance indicators (KPIs), including the design and operation of dashboards, reports and analyses in collaboration with the marketing operations team.
What you will bring:
This is an exciting role for a hands-on proven leader that has a love for writing, editing, creative and the SaaS technology space, and brings strong leadership, analytical, operational, and communication skills. You understand the funnel, know how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are, and have developed innovative content ideas. Must have extensive experience creating myriad content forms—white papers, blogs, thought leadership reports and articles, eBooks, solution briefs, landing pages, checklists, infographics, solution guides, and the ability to translate technical information into compelling ways of presenting it to our audiences.
What’s required for application:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12-15+ years leading high-velocity content marketing teams in the technology or SaaS space
- Engaging leader who can motivate and coach teams and individual professionals to achieve stretch goals, aspire to high-quality standards, and continually execute to meet critical business objectives
- Able to facilitate collaborative coordination and ideation across and between differing teams
- Experience researching and writing in-depth content that persuades, educates, and motivates audiences to act
- Understanding of buyer, customer, and partner personas and demand-gen journey stages
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, focused professional that thrives in high-volume, high-velocity project environments - High EQ
- Team player who welcomes opportunities to collaborate with peers across the marketing organization
- Creative storyteller with the ability to pinpoint core ideas and to bring those to light via various content forms—audio, video, and written
- An aptitude for explaining technical topics in a digestible way
- Demonstrable results working across marketing organizations to ensure business requirements are embedded in the broader copywriting activities
What's in it for you:
- In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.