As a Vonage DevOps engineer, you will build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms.
You will be in charge of creating software and infrastructure solutions that serve millions of users and businesses in their day to day communication needs, by specializing in end-to-end development. You will be the architect, designer, and implementer of your project, and take part in creating next-generation technologies that change how people communicate. We challenge our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What You’re Good At:
- You have at least 3 years of devops experience and you know the Linux environment.
- You definitely have the ability to handle complex software system infrastructure tasks – from requirements to production.
What You’re Great At:
- End-to-end task ownership: This is a position that requires a leader – someone who can confidently see a project through from beginning to end.
- Innovating disruptive technologies: Have an idea about how to solve a communications problem? We want to know about it and then we want to support your vision for bringing it to life.
- Independently tackling challenges: You don’t need anyone to keep you on track.
- You’re organized and efficient.
Qualities about You That Might Make our Decision Easier:
- Experience in Agile development environments: Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience in cloud environments, and advanced technologies. AWS, puppet/ansible, containers, postgres and MongoDB, JBOSS, Java, Python
- A great recommendation from your previous employer
- A desire to and skills for mentoring junior developers so they become an awesome engineer like you!