Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
DevOps Engineers ensure the deployment, high availability and performance of Vonage web applications. We span both development and operations, acting as the glue that brings products from concepts to actual deployed applications. In this role, you would be working in close collaboration with application teams helping them streamline their build processes and working to implement best practices in an AWS environment.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining automation pipelines related to delivering software & infrastructure
- Building and maintaining the Cloud Platforms that power Vonage Software & Services
- Proof of Concept testing on open source tools, frameworks and software to assess the fit for our environment & teams
- Assist with the Design, Build and Delivery of Tools & Infrastructure to help engineering teams increase their velocity and delivery high quality software & services
- Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues related to our Cloud Platform and related tools
- Acting as a thought leader on best practices for AWS as it relates to product build and deployment.
- Assess usage and utilization trends to make appropriate design and implementation recommendations towards scaling our architecture
What you will bring
- Desire to be part of a talented and motivated team of engineers.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, such as C#, Java or Python.
- Strong cloud computing experience, preferably AWS
- Strong knowledge of advanced technologies like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, EKS, etc.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong grasp of segmentation and micro-services
- A strong desire to learn, build and grow.
- Ability to:
o Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret technical and system problems.
o Analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
o Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
o Handle software system infrastructure tasks, from requirements to production.
o Desire to understand and gain expert knowledge of Vonage products and services.
What is required for application
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent.
- You have 3+ yrs experience working in development or operations (or DevOps) organizations.
- Experience with object-oriented/object functional scripting languages - Polyglots preferably with a Python specialty.
- Experience working with micro-services. Experience breaking up a monolithic application is a bonus.
- Hands-on experience working with platform automation tools including (any or all of the following) Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Hands-on experience working with common CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, Concourse or Codepipeline (in conjunction with common build systems like Codebuild)
- Have the ability to stand firm on best practices even when pressed for time.
- An understanding and/or practical experience with AWS Cloud Security Structures & Services (Experience with building IAM Policies)
- General understanding of infrastructure (DNS, Network Principles, etc )
- Familiarity with Git, Gitlab or Github (& GitFlow) or other DVCS
- Have the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal oversight
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.