Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
DevOps Engineers ensure the deployment, high availability and performance of Vonage web applications. We span both development and operations, acting as the glue that brings products from concepts to actual deployed applications. In this role, you would be working closely with our security team and other stakeholders to implement AWS security initiatives.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Responsible for identifying areas of potential security risk and providing solutions.
- Building and maintaining the Cloud Security Platforms that power Vonage Software & Services
- Work with teams to determine the impact of needed security changes and working to find a solution to any problem that arises.
- Provide expert level guidance to teams on all areas of AWS Security initiatives
- Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues related to our Cloud Platform and related tools
- Keep up to date with all security initiatives in and around AWS.
- Build security analytic tools using AWS APIs and third party software to review our AWS org for any problems on an ongoing basis.
What you will bring
- Desire to be part of a talented and motivated team of engineers.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, such as C#, Java or Python.
- Strong cloud computing experience, preferably AWS
- Strong knowledge of advanced technologies like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, EKS, etc.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong grasp of Security practices in AWS. Hands on experience a plus.
- Experience setting up IAM resources following security best practices
- Experience setting up AWS Networking elements with a best practice approach a plus
- AWS Pen Testing experience a plus
- AWS Advanced Shield administration a plus
- Experience with AWS Guardduty and remediation
- A strong desire to learn, build and grow.
- Ability to:
o Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret technical and system problems.
o Analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
o Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
o Handle software system infrastructure tasks, from requirements to production.
o Desire to understand and gain expert knowledge of Vonage products and services.
What is required for application
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent.
- You have 3+ yrs experience working in development or operations (or DevOps) organizations.
- Experience with object-oriented/object functional scripting languages - Python Prefered.
- Experience working with AWS Security Resources.
- Hands-on experience working with platform automation tools including (any or all of the following) Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Hands-on experience working with IAM
- Have the ability to stand firm on best practices even when pressed for time.
- An understanding and/or practical experience with AWS Cloud Security Structures & Services
- General understanding of infrastructure (DNS, Network Principles, etc )
- Familiarity with Git, Gitlab or Github (& GitFlow) or other DVCS
- Have the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal oversight
- AWS Certified Security Specialist
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.