Senior Backend Software Engineer with Java
Are you a Software Engineering geek? Do you have a taste for Network Technologies, Backend Software and Performance Problems?
Vonage Video, the leading product in WebRTC video communications, is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Media Cloud Engineering team. Successful Candidates will explore new ways to further enhance OpenTok, our PaaS Backend Software, Control and Provisioning of Cloud resources, Scalable Architecture Designs, Distributed Computing, and beyond.
The candidate will be interested in both feature development as well as systems engineering with a heavy focus on quality, fault-tolerance and reliability. He/she will have a taste for data driven approaches to get insights, and also for tracking and adopting leading Industry Standards. Drivennes and motivation to see his/her work used and deployed in large-scale production systems with extremely high service availability will be a must.
You would be joining an international, very experienced team of Software Engineers and Scientists passionate for real time communications, media, cloud infrastructure, and much more.
- Deep hands-on software development and software design.
- Implement new features and strategies to improve Call Processing capabilities of the Opentok platform.
- Contribute to software architectures for a highly distributed Call Processing system, resource optimization strategies, and real-time stream processing.
- Design and develop approaches to measure, evaluate and improve quality in the platform end-to-end.
- Working on multiple projects covering from the backend signalling fabric in coordination with client sdk and other teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Strong Java coding skills, and willingness to learn more languages.
- Senior experience working on backend software engineering, with excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Very good understanding of algorithms, data structures, memory management, concurrency, and network programming.
- Experience with Network Programming, Event Based parallel/distributed programming, publish/subscribe pattern.
- Experience with Stream Processing and Distributed Systems.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
A plus, if one or more of the following are also provided:
- Specific hands-on experience in software core technology with some of the following: H.264/VP8/OPUS/AAC coding structure, syntax, spec and/or underlying algorithms, WebRTC standards (w3c and/or IETF protocol recommendations), RTP/RTCP, STUN, TURN, ICE, media streaming rate-control, bandwidth estimation, familiarity with Google’s WebRTC source code (Chrome’s RTC engine), VoIP, SIP, H.323, etc…
- Experience with technologies like REDIS, and AWS
- SQL usage and some data science skills to understand and analyse implementations behavior in production.