Are you a Software Engineering geek? Do you have a taste for Network Technologies, Backend Software and Performance Problems?
Vonage Video, the leading product in WebRTC video communications, is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Media Cloud Engineering team. Successful Candidates will explore new ways to further enhance Video Platform, our PaaS Backend Software, Control and Provisioning of Cloud resources, Scalable Architecture Designs, Distributed Computing, and beyond.
The candidate will be interested in both feature development as well as systems engineering with a heavy focus on quality, fault-tolerance and reliability. He/she will have a taste for data driven approaches to get insights, and also for tracking and adopting leading Industry Standards. Drivennes and motivation to see his/her work used and deployed in large-scale production systems with extremely high service availability will be a must.
You would be joining an international, very experienced team of Software Engineers and Scientists passionate for real time communications, media, cloud infrastructure, and much more.
- Hands-on software development and system design.
- Implement new features and strategies for the cloud based session control and signaling system of the Vonage video platform.
- Contribute to software architectures for a highly distributed network application, resource optimization strategies, and real-time stream processing.
- Design and develop approaches to measure, evaluate and improve service quality.
- Collaborate in projects involving signalling fabric and coordinate with other teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Strong Java coding skills, and willingness to learn more languages.
- Very good understanding on Java memory management, concurrency, and network programming.
- Experience with Network Programming, event based parallel/distributed programming.
- Senior experience working on backend software engineering
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Very good understanding of algorithms, data structures.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
A plus, if one or more of the following are also provided:
- Experience with Netty framework for network programming
- Experience with queue brokers such as ApacheHive/ZeroMq/RabbitMq or other queue broker implementations.
- Experience with technologies like REDIS, and AWS.
- Hands-on experience with some of the following technologies: H.264/VP8/OPUS/AAC codecs, WebRTC standards, RTP/RTCP, STUN, TURN, ICE, VoIP, SIP, H.323, etc…