Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
At NVM Vonage, we help businesses help people, one conversation at a time. We do that in technology environments where our people can express themselves, collaborate, problem-solve and create. Our small agile teams sit within a growing Development function, so you get the benefits of working in an intimate environment, balanced with the security of being part of the bigger picture. Our project teams provide the right environment to get inspired, putting our thirst for emerging technology to use and seeking out opportunities to climb that bit higher. Plus, we have the tightest integration with Salesforce, the world’s #1 CRM. Many vendors claim complete Salesforce integration, but no one delivers it quite as well as we do. NVM is listed by Forbes as a Top 100 Cloud company for the third consecutive year, alongside digital brands like Stripe, Dropbox and Slack.
Role Overview & Responsibilities
As the Head of Quality Practice you will be the advocate for quality throughout the software delivery cycle by providing transparency and information about risks and issues within our product.
Working closely with the Development Management Team and Head of Agile Practice you will support and uphold the ethos of “the whole team is responsible for quality”. By enabling teams to focus on delivering valuable outcomes you will create an environment with the skills and practices to “build in quality/test early and often”. Within this role you will be involved in all aspects of the release cycle including but not limited to functional, usability, security, performance and regression.
What you'll do
- Build a strong community of Agile Testers focused on improving testing, the test strategy and quality overall
- Run a regular and effective program of training on quality practices - e.g. exploratory testing techniques, BDD, TDD, Feature Kick Offs, Three Amigos, example mapping, automated testing, testability and observability, our platform/domain, etc and ensure practices are being followed.
- Enable and encourage delivery teams to work in a defect prevention way
- Contribute to improving Vonage’s Lean and Agile practices
- Own the testing tools and technologies (in collaboration with teams and bringing to the ARB)
- Work with Security team on implementing effective security testing techniques and practices
- Ensure the test community are actively contributing to Feature and Story kick-off meetings highlighting risks early in the process.
- Encourage collaboration and pairing between test and software engineers
- Ensure results of automated tests are visible to appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure risks are appropriately presented to stakeholders
- Define and own the testing processes end to end
- Continuously improve our release process from a quality point of view. Regression, production testing etc.
What you'll bring
- A proven track record of driving the test community, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Extensive experience in a Lead QA position in a business within a fast-paced and constantly evolving market
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Sound people management and influencing skills
What is in it for you
- Remote work until Summer 2021
- Allianz Private Medical Insurance
- MultiSport Card
- Restricted Stock Units
- Defined bonus scheme
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Car park on site
- Fresh fruits twice a week
- Massages once a month
- Pizza lunch once a month
- Integration Parties
- Summer Party and Christmas Party
- Polish Class for foreigners
- Sports and social activities
- 3 days for charity
- Glasses reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement.