We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Role Overview & Responsibilities
As the Test Automation Architect you will be the advocate for automated testing throughout the stack and across our platform. Working closely with the Development Management Team and Head of Quality Practice you will act as a technical lead on test automation, developing solutions and driving innovation to ensure the testing automation’s strategy goals are met .
By providing strong leadership and technical guidance you will have a solid view of the bigger picture of business, technology, and testing strategy and practices enabling all teams to improve quality and our speed to market.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the technical leadership and strategic direction for the testing organisation.
- Evolve our testing architecture and automation harness, with a focus on integration, performance and resiliency testing.
- Evaluate, implement the necessary frameworks/tools/languages to aid automation in both monolithic and micro-service architecture contexts.
- Establish a stable and scalable automation framework for our API and UI platforms, enabling teams to improve their test automation reliability and coverage.
- Architect and develop automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models.
- Continuously improve and drive maintainability in any chosen frameworks/tools.
- Have a focus on improving the maintainability, increase automated test coverage and decrease test execution times.
- Support the Head of Quality Practice in achieving the strategic goals for the department by providing technical support and guidance.
- Use data and reporting to develop solutions and drive forward innovation to ensure the automation strategic goals are met.
- Support Software Testers through training, mentoring and problem solving in test automation.
- Provide technical know-how, documentation and training to Software Engineers and Test Engineer across the department.
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in test automation activities across the organization.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes.
- Effectively contribute to the department processes, practices, use of tools and technology, by applying soft skills such as effective communication and mentoring.
Helping others can only be achieved with the right people and the right resources. That’s why we’ve created a workplace that is supportive, encouraging and progressive.
- We value trust, transparency, collaboration and frequent communication. Asking the right questions and being open minded are core principles to how we interact and engage
- We focus on outcomes - results matter more than efforts. We favour attitude and integrity over experience but in the same breath, we don’t compromise on performance and quality
- We are bold and take calculated risks, experiment, and explore new ways
- We believe in continuous improvement. Learn from market/customers/industry, and when things fail, we learn from our mistakes
- We are proud of what we build and take pride in our professional skills
At Vonage NVM you will find:
- A global, multi-tenant, real-time service, with thousands of concurrent users
- A challenging set of analytical problems, asking for advanced algorithms, including statistical analysis, machine learning and routing
- A constantly evolving platform that is 'always on' and as such supports continuous releases with no downtime
We think about the future as much as we think about the present. That’s why we offer our people a competitive salary and flexibility where they need it, plus:
- An encouraging, fast paced environment where you can learn and develop
- On-going training, opportunities to join hackathons, ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions and training courses
- A defined bonus scheme, paid volunteer days and more company benefits
Processes & Tools
Vonage has a long track record of applying Lean and Agile practices like Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and SAFe.
We employ engineers that can use a breadth of technologies and languages to create secure, scalable and maintainable solutions. Key technologies in our portfolio are:
- Backend: C#, C++, Node.js, Golang, .Net Core
- APIs: RESTful APIs, Oauth2
- Data Management: MySQL, Couchbase, Redis, Parameter Store
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, AWS SNS/SQS
- CI/CD: Chef, Jenkins, Terraform
- Source Control: Git
- Platform analytics: Influx, Kapacitor, Telegraf, Grafana, New Relic, OpsView, Papertrail, ELK
- Containers: Docker, ECS, future Kubernetes
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Remote work until Summer 2021
- Allianz Private Medical Insurance
- MultiSport Card
- Restricted Stock Units
- Defined bonus scheme
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Car park on site
- Fresh fruits twice a week
- Massages once a month
- Pizza lunch once a month
- Integration Parties
- Summer Party and Christmas Party
- Polish Class for foreigners
- Sports and social activities
- 3 days for charity
- Glasses reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement.