Director, Corporate Strategy
Vonage Strategy Mission: We are a critical player in developing and operationalizing Vonage’s short and long term strategy, as well as helping evaluate and make critical business decisions. We work with C-level business and functional leaders across the organization to formulate, present and track key business and operational strategies and underpin this with rigorous financial analysis and tracking.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do:
- Lead strategy initiatives, including working with outside consultants and internal teams to articulate the strategy and operationalize its execution and track performance
- Help develop long range financial forecasts through active collaboration with internal business and function leaders, as well as informed by industry competitive dynamics
- Develop public company board level presentations which includes discussing business strategies, competitive development and opportunities. Work with internal business leaders and product experts as well as drive alignment on strategy
- Leverage financial analysis to track and evaluate progress on strategy implementation and resulting business success
- Conduct research and analysis to support management in evaluating different sectors, specific companies within the sectors, technologies, and potential acquisitions and investment opportunities
- Collaborate with finance, operational and senior business leadership on development of long-range goals and strategic plans, as well as the operational budget.
- Consult with business partners and leaders on annual business plan development, and will oversee provisions of ongoing updates based on operational results, trends and changes.
- Oversee analytical efforts to determine investment returns, P&L, performance versus plan/outlook, causes of variances and other indicators.
- Interpret and evaluate business trends, including budget variance and key performance indicators, to identify and report on areas of risk and opportunity.
- Develop standard performance management dashboards and reporting requirements.
What you will bring:
- Advanced experience in driving corporate or business strategies through leveraging expertise and relationships organization-wide
- Advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting and analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated and in-depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, as well as financial statement analysis.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
This person will have the ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on financial, management and operational issues, trends and challenges.
- Identify opportunities and threats based on the financial performance and outlook.
- Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations
Required experience for application:
- 7-10 years of work experience, preferably with 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, private equity or corporate finance.
- Solid analytical and financial modeling skills.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance/accounting, engineering or related disciplines.
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move:
Senior Director, Financial Analysis
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.