Now a Vonage Company, Nexmo is an emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, has built its successful global sales teams on individuals who possess tech-savviness, superior customer relationship skills.
Vonage Mission We strive to innovate and enhance our customer's ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environments.
Why this role matters
The Technical Trainer will report to the Global Training Manager within the Vonage API Platform Group Training team. The individual will be focused on building, organising and maintaining Technical Training to improve the level of relevant skills and knowledge within the API Platform group. The focus will be on design and writing of training materials and delivering training via blended learning methodologies including both eLearning and classroom/workshop sessions to multiple audiences.
The individual will be focused on building, organising, and maintaining technical training to improve the level of relevant skills and knowledge within the API Platform group. The focus will be on design and writing of training materials and delivering training via blended learning methodologies including eLearning and classroom/workshop sessions to multiple audiences.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Work with relevant stakeholders to determine the priority, objective, target audience, scope of course writing or updating requirements with input from subject matter experts
- Research content, storyboard and work with SMEs to transform base content into effective and engaging learning, using multiple learning transfer tools and techniques (both digital and traditional) in order to engage the audience as fully as possible
- Develop effective assessments/certifications that accurately assess the learners knowledge and ability to apply concepts in practice
- Continually review and develop course templates and materials to ensure consistency, flow and structure within the entire course portfolio.
- Design and writing of technical training materials for eLearning and classroom delivery that creates a framework that can be delivered by multiple presenters
- Work as part of the Global Training Team to deploy live-learning interventions as needed, for example the delivery of webinars and live classrooms for blended learning.
What you'll bring
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Technical classroom Training delivery
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Technical writing and building Training content
- End to end design, development and training delivery
- Experience working within a Technical Training role in the API, CPaaS industry or similar
- Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Java, or .Net
- Expert in Articulate storyline, Powtoon, Videoscribe or similar authoring tools
- First-class presentation skills
- Expert at Google docs, PowerPoint and other related software
- Self-confident and able to deal with complexity
- Excellent technical interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to the high-level complex discussions that the delegates and training population would expect.
- Ability to communicate complex technology to all audiences both technical and non-technical
What's required for application
- In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
- We have a modern open-plan office located in Old Street/Shoreditch
- Competitive base salary with high earning bonus structure
- We also have an unlimited holiday policy
- WFH once a week
- Lunch provided once a week via City Pantry
- Personal development program with a high growth trajectory
- Benefits such as healthcare, gym, equity, beer o'clock Fridays and a shiny new Apple laptop
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.