What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to support, empower, grow and scale a highly respected global, distributed and diverse Platform & Developer Experience team consisting of product managers, technical writers and developer advocates through the continuous transformation and rapid growth of Vonage.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and equity participation.
- Deliver the vision of ‘The Product is the Experience’
- Support, enable and champion the Platform & Developer Experience initiatives at Vonage, covering API standards, documentation, sample code, server SDKs, client SDK experience and customer dashboards
- Encourage and guide the team in their support of developer communities around the world and to use the knowledge the team gains to build amazing developer experiences
- Drive the integrated experience vision of the Vonage Video API (formerly OpenTok TokBox) into the Vonage API Platform (formerly Nexmo)
- Define the platform experience short-term and multi-year strategic vision and goals in collaboration with product teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with other product portfolio and department leads (Engineering, Marketing, Support, Sales, Finance, HR) across the business to define and execute strategic priorities
- Ensure decisions are made by combining data and vision, and that success can be clearly measured and communicated to stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Empathy is one of your core beliefs. It’s essential within our company and in the communities we serve. If problems arise, you’ll assume good intent and push forward to fix it.
- Proven experience of working in an enterprise organization and managing stakeholders across multiple cross-functional departments
- Experience cultivating and advocating for developer-related technologies at a senior level, with hands-on experience of building developer-facing products such as APIs/SDKs.
- A combined experience of 5+ years leading teams focused on APIs across product, engineering management, developer experience or developer relations
- Ability to:
- Navigate ambiguity.
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
- Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Develop technical and process skills in others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field.
- Prior team leadership experience, including managing a geographically dispersed, remote team across multiple timezones
- Established reputation within the developer community
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related discipline.