Customer Success Director - EMEA
Travel Requirements: 20%
Location: Basingstoke (commuting distance) or London (commuting distance)
Vonage Customer Mission: Vonage is building a world class Customer Success Group and this is a fantastic opportunity for the right Customer Success professional to be part of taking this already established function to industry leading levels.
At Vonage we strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. We also know that businesses need to differentiate based on the experience they offer their customers and our team of highly motivated experts aim to provide the ability for them to succeed in that goal.
Why this role matters:
The Customer Success Director is responsible for driving the ongoing satisfaction, adoption enablement, and overall success of Vonages’s customers. They act as an internal champion to coordinate the cross-functional motions required for sustained customer success and growth. Key focus areas will include retention, advocacy, adoption, continuous improvement, and growth for a defined portfolio of enterprise customers. This role is a key member of our CSG (Customer Success Group) International senior leadership team and will provide support and direction across the function.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do:
- Leadership of our EMEA Customer Success Department, including responsibility across EMEA accounts for driving low churn, high adoption, and high health scores
- Set out the strategic direction for our EMEA Customer Success department to ensure that we deliver on our overall CSG and business objectives
- Provide leadership to a diverse and geographically split team of managers and individual contributors
- Maintain control and weekly reporting on churn/Net Retention Rate forecasting and actuals. Building models for forecast changes and establishing initiatives for driving improvements
- Collaborate cross-functionally to shepherd customers through an optimal customer journey that engenders strong satisfaction, supports high-levels of product utilization, and enables true business value attainment
- Maintain an effective account governance process in collaboration with customers key stakeholders as well as the internal account team
- Act as an account sponsor for our key EMEA accounts, creating executive relationships that establishes credibility and trust as a business advisor to a specified portfolio of accounts
- Lead the development and execution of customer success plans to achieve identified customer outcomes for a defined portfolio of accounts
- Support the marketing programs that develop customer specific case studies and references
- Lead customer workshops and customer events, providing inspiration to our customers and internal teams
- Continually work to evolve and improve the Customer Success discipline within and across Vonage
- Collaborate with sales to execute on growth strategies and drive demand for incremental solutions
What you will bring:
- Familiarity with customer success organizations
- Strong leaderships skills with a demonstrable background in supporting teams through fast paced growth
- Orientation toward problem solving with a systematic and managed approach
- Strong empathy for customers, resolving their issues and ultimating making them successful
- Technically capable with ability to report, model and analyse customer data sets
- Extensive interaction with sales, engineering, product development, and other members of cross- functional teams
- Urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen including experience working in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- An exceptional role model for the team and peers including strong executive presence / relationship building
- Technical aptitude with an ability to understand SaaS and software business models
- Willingness to travel - 20%
What is required for application:
- 5+ years of Customer Success, Professional Service, Account Management or Client Management experience
- SaaS industry experience required
- Proven leadership background
- Experience with Unified Communications, Contact Center, and Communications APIs
- Customer Success certification(s)
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Knowledge of Gainsight
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.