Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why This Role Matters
Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms. We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. The Senior Director, Software Engineering, brings this to life by driving the development, release and maintenance of software applications and systems. Our Software Development team are constantly pushing the boundaries of performance and scalability.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you'll do
As part of this exciting organisation your responsibilities will be to:
- Create a performant, secure, scalable service that our customers will rave about
- Continuously improve and automate the monitoring and deployment of our cloud service
Your focus will be on:
- A global, multi-tenanted, real-time service, with thousands of concurrent users
- A diverse technical environment, including both Windows and Linux based technologies
- Advanced algorithms, including statistical analysis, machine learning and routing
- A continuously evolving platform that supports weekly releases with no downtime
What you'll bring
- We are looking for experienced developers that can use a breadth of technologies and languages to create maintainable, scalable and secure solutions.
- C#, MySQL & MariaDB, Python, Chef, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, NewRelic, StatsD, ModSec, Mono, AWS, Angular.js, C++, R, ElasticSearch, LogStash.
- Processes include: BDD and TDD - strong, practical knowledge, Scrum-ban, and Continuous Deployment.
- Experienced in Open Source
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field/ Or relevant experience
- Ability to work collaboratively within different teams
- Possess sound commercial judgement
- Passion about delivering excellence
- Self-starting nature and ability to self-manage
What Is In It for You
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including volunteering days and tuition reimbursement.
In addition, you will be able to participate in a number of activities including:
- Hack-a Thons
- Lunch & Learn
- Training Courses and Conferences
- Open Source Contributions