Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
We are looking for a curious and collaborative UX Researcher to join our small but global UX Research team. At Vonage we strive to understand customers and users through various research methodologies and to design experiences that are intuitive and delightful. We do so in collaboration with all Vonage teams who are working towards these unified goals.
Gaining insights about our customers and end users helps inform our customer-centric UX and Product strategy. We are key partners with our product and design teams in helping the business grow through connecting to the needs of our audiences.
With an array of products and applications, we must continuously seek insights and solve challenges to ensure we are delivering the best possible experience to our customers. Our ideal candidate would be a senior researcher who can drive and deliver research projects independently or with a group, who has knowledge of a wide array of research methodologies, and who can execute them within a timeframe, resulting in clear, actionable data that will be socialised across the organisation.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Identify opportunities for UX research in products and applications and provide feedback on the higher-level research strategy.
- Gather and document requirements for research and testing.
- Prioritise research projects based on business objectives and strategy.
- Lead all aspects of the research process and execute projects independently at times and collaboratively with Product Designers at other times.
- Make it your highest priority to understand our customers and users, identify their challenges, and turn those into actionable recommendations.
- Analyse all data gathered and socialise insights with Design, Product, and the greater organisation through in person and virtual presentations as well as artifacts.
- Identify the best research methodology for each project and be open to learning new methodologies.
- Mentor others (including across departments) who are interested in learning more about research.
- It is very likely that this role will include traveling to other global offices to execute research and share findings.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of experience working in UX Research (preferably within a Product design team and with digital products).
- Knowledge of a wide array of research methodologies both generative and evaluative methods.
- Experience in either B2B research or research for leading-edge technology development
- An articulate, engaging, and persuasive presentation style.
- Ability to execute research projects in collaboration with other team members as well as independently.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to document goals, process, and findings.
- Experience leading user research projects and running workshops.
- A clear understanding of how to scope and prioritise projects.
- A strong research process and ability to analyse data turning it into meaningful insights that others can use to improve their work and define more effective roadmaps.
- Knowledge of research best practices as well as the best tools to execute the research.
- An open mind to learn from others, hear feedback and always looking to improve oneself.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Experience executing research in many different markets globally.
Nice to have
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge about accessibility best practices
- Experience working with APIs and applications or in SAAS or PAAS environments.
- Degree in human behaviour or related discipline.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups
Potential Next Career Move: Senior/Expert UX Researcher