Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
What you will do
As a Scrum Master/Agile Coach you will have fantastic working knowledge and experience of Agile ideas and approaches, with a mindset that agile isn't a standard recipe but a comprehensive philosophy.
You can demonstrate a pragmatic approach to all challenges and should be constantly open to new techniques, tools and insights.
You will work as a Servant Leader helping the teams gain insight into their own performance, whilst influencing and guiding them to take ownership and responsibility for improving it.
You will be experienced in dealing with conflicts and motivating teams to achieve a self-organising state. You will have great patience and perseverance skills.
Previous hands-on experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach in different models, teams and challenges is a must.
Experience as an Engineer developing solutions in an Agile Team or as a Product Owner would be a plus, as would experience working in a scaled agile environment.
You will be a Lean thinker, able to explain and help teams understand why small batches increase productivity, how to identify and eliminate bottlenecks in the process, and recognising waste in all forms.
As an Agile Coach, you will understand how organizational change works and how to effectively support an organization undergoing change. You will have the ability to cast a vision and create enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
You will have a mature level of social and emotional Intelligence, show great interpersonal skills and have the ability to "read the room".
Finally, to fit well with our culture, you will have unconditional positive regard and respect for others.
If you have a natural curiosity about people and process, a willingness to learn, the courage to take on new challenges, and the humility to accept help and support from your peers, then this is a perfect opportunity to work with a strong agile community of like-minded people.
- Take on the Scrum Master responsibilities of a few development teams, or act as an Agile Coach working to support multiple teams, as needed.
- Live and breathe the role of Scrum Master/Agile Coach and become an advocate for good principles across all teams.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with Product Owners, Product Managers and Engineering Managers to help the teams to deliver the right thing, at the right time.
- Through the Agile Practice Community of Interest, train, mentor and coach other Scrum Masters ensuring a consistent approach to delivering software in an iterative environment.
- Work in a Scrum-Ban and Lean environment where continuous improvement is essential.
- Devour and apply new knowledge and effectively share it with others.
- Continuously improve our ability to get things done and get things right.
- Share your passion for your work internally and externally.
- Be (mostly) awesome.
- Have fun!
Helping others can only be achieved with the right people and the right resources. That’s why we’ve created a workplace that is supportive, encouraging and progressive.
- We value trust, transparency, collaboration and frequent communication. Asking the right questions and being open minded are core principles to how we interact and engage.
- We focus on outcomes - results matter more than efforts. We favor attitude and integrity over experience but in the same breath, we don’t compromise on performance and quality.
- We are bold and take calculated risks, experiment, and explore new ways.
- We believe in continuous improvement. Learn from market/customers/industry, and when things fail, we learn from our mistakes.
- We are proud of what we build and take pride in our professional skills
At Vonage you will find:
- A global, multi-tenant, real-time service, with thousands of concurrent users
- A challenging set of analytical problems, asking for advanced algorithms, including statistical analysis, machine learning and routing
- A constantly evolving platform that is 'always on' and as such supports continuous releases with no downtime
We think about the future as much as we think about the present. That’s why we offer our people a competitive salary and flexibility where they need it, plus:
- An encouraging, fast paced environment where you can learn and develop
- On-going training, opportunities to join hackathons, ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions and training courses
- A defined bonus scheme, paid volunteer days and more company benefits
Processes & Tools
Vonage has a long track record of applying Lean and Agile practices like Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and SAFe.
We employ engineers that can use a breadth of technologies and languages to create secure, scalable and maintainable solutions. Key technologies in our portfolio are:
- Backend: C#, C++, Node.js, Golang, .Net Core
- APIs: RESTful APIs, Oauth2
- Data Management: MySQL, Couchbase, Redis, Parameter Store
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, AWS SNS/SQS
- CI/CD: Chef, Jenkins, Terraform
- Source Control: Git
- Platform analytics: Influx, Kapacitor, Telegraf, Grafana, New Relic, OpsView, Papertrail, ELK
- Containers: Docker, ECS, future Kubernetes
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including volunteering days and tuition reimbursement.