Now a part of Vonage, Nexmo is the emerging global leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many other brands use our APIs and SDKs to provide great communications experiences for their customers everywhere in the world. With the rapid growth in customers using our communication APIs, we are expanding our team
What you will do...
We are looking for a SMS Support Expert who enjoys learning new technologies, and has a passion for helping customers succeed.
Nexmo Support Experts possess excellent communication skills, both talking and writing with our customers and internal stakeholders. They also have great judgment and personal organization habits to ensure every customer issue gets the right focus. Our Support Experts are fascinated with problem solving, have a natural curiosity and can demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly.
- Acting as the point of escalation and regional expert within the Support team
- Driving and managing customer-related projects, initiatives and tasks for our strategic accounts
- Liaising with Engineering to set Support up for success
- Providing feedback Carrier and Routing teams to improve service options
- Capturing and proactively sharing knowledge with customers and colleagues
- Act as Designated Support Engineer for specific Enterprise Customers
What you must have experience in
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 5+ years in technical support, ideally within the telecommunications or SAAS sectors
- Experience with HTTP & SMPP Servers
- Messaging technologies: SMPP, GSM, SMS
- Supporting APIs or SDKs
- Familiarity with developer's tools and languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Node, Java)
- Understanding of networking: TCP/IP, UDP, and most common protocols
What You’re Great At
- Assisting customers in integrating our programmable APIs in their applications, with a focus on being empathetic, accurate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Fascinated with problem solving, have a natural curiosity and can demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly
- Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to voice and/or video protocols
What You’re Good At
- Demonstrating diplomacy in your interactions with customers and interfacing departments
- Adjusting your approach to an enterprise or digital native audience
- Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes
Experience or knowledge of the following will be a plus!
- Troubleshooting Applications: e.g. Kibana (Elastic Search)
- Linux/Unix operating systems
The Vonage API Platform... Who are we?
The Vonage API Platform, provides tools for voice, messaging and phone verification, allowing developers to embed programmable communications into mobile apps, websites and business systems.Vonage enables enterprises to reimagine their digital customer experiences by providing them with the tools they need to easily communicate information to customers in real-time through text messaging, chat, social media and voice.
Industry leaders including Snapchat, Zalora, Uber, Telegram, Lazada, KLM, GrabTaxi, Airbnb, Alibaba and Daimler send millions of messages per month using Vonage APIs.
Why Vonage… Our values!
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.