Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API Platform is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
At Vonage, we believe we’ve just scratched the surface of enabling developers to embed communications into any apps or devices using APIs. We are looking for an experienced and talented Product Manager to drive the strategy and delivery of the next generation of Vonage’s Client SDKs (JS, iOS, Android).
Based in London, this role will require high operational management face-to-face with other Product Managers, Product Marketing, Sales and members of Engineering.
The Vonage Platform Client SDKs are a conversation-centric product that enables applications’ communications across multiple channels. These capabilities are a key enabler of the Platform omnichannel strategy and will drive future business growth and address multiple complex communications use cases for our customers.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Evolving, owning and driving the SDKs product strategy.
- Own the Vonage Client SDKs, from technical specifications through to the documentation for developers.
- Be the primary global point of contact for Sales and other business functions.
- Formulate and evolve your portfolio strategy in line with the Vonage’s Product strategy
- Articulate the plans and communicate the strategy and development progress regularly
- Work with Engineering Leads and PMs for ensuring teams are appropriately executing on the plans and extract any impedance.
- Work with the architects of our services to ensure product design is future ready.
- Collaborate with Engineering and technology partners to design and implement the best solution to achieve product and business goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Business Operations teams and drive the go-to-market strategy of the products.
- Meet customers and prospects regularly to incubate ideas and validate product choices
- Integrate customer feedback and performance metrics continuously into your plans
- Maintain current knowledge of the competitive market and conduct an assessment of new competitive offerings
What you will bring
- Learning mindset: not constrained to use only one set of technologies from previous experience; open to different methods to achieve business goals
- Experience rolling up your sleeves at start-ups or able to demonstrate an ambitious track record at a large corporation or in parallel to your work.
What is required for application
- Have been a software developer or similar at some point in your career
- Experience building API products or using APIs as a developer
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant sector and function
- Minimum 2 years of Product Management experience
- Experience with Agile (preferably across multiple methodologies)
- A track record driving change and influencing others both internally but also externally (e.g. partners, relevant industry, etc.)
- Significant experience in delivering and executing on product vision in high technology organisations
- Self-Aware and confident in the unique blend of technology, market, business and relevant domain skills you bring to the table and how you want to develop as a leader
- Experience building client SDKs products and using SDKs as a developer.
- Planning, building and delivering best in class Mobile products.
- Background and knowledge of webRTC technology
- Track record shipping products in one or more of the following domains: Telco stacks or Enterprise communications esp VoIP, Messaging, Unified Communications
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups
Potential Next Career Move: Expert Product Manager/Product Director