Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
What you'll do
- Automate and continuously improve our service by developing our Infrastructure as Code
- Actively manage highly available, large scale production systems running on AWS
- Automate and continuously improve other operational concerns.
- Actively share knowledge and best practices across the department.
What you'll bring
To be part of the Vonage team you need a desire to collaborate, to keep on learning and the discipline to deliver nothing short of excellence. We are looking for someone who demonstrates experience in some of the following areas;
- NoSQL, SQL
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform
- Chef, Puppet or similar
- Jenkins or similar
- Linux and/or Windows with a strong understanding of networking and security concerns
- Solid software development fundamentals (source control, unit testing, etc)
- One or more of the following: Python, C#, Java, Go, Ruby, Powershell, Bash
In addition to the above, expect to use or leverage many of the following:
Packer, Terraform, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Papertrail, StatsD, ElasticSearch, Logstack, Kibana, Grafana
Your Character Traits
- You have analytical mindset and pragmatic approach
- The idea of learning new technologies appeals to you
- You want to share your knowledge, support your colleagues and you want your team to be successful (it is about the team success not only yours).
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are able to work collaboratively within different teams
- You possess sound commercial judgement
- You are passionate about delivering excellence
- You are self-starting and able to self-manage
What is in it for you
- Remote work until Summer 2021
- Allianz Private Medical Insurance
- MultiSport Card
- Restricted Stock Units
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Car park on site
- Fresh fruits twice a week
- Massages once a month
- Pizza lunch once a month
- Integration Parties
- Summer Party and Christmas Party
- Polish Class for foreigners
- Sports and social activities
- 3 days for charity
- Glasses reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.