The Vonage API business (formerly Nexmo) has experienced market leading growth over the last 4 years through sales of its Communications API Platform and associated services into Digital Natives and Enterprise Businesses. A truly global business, Vonage has significant market presence in APAC, EMEA and the Americas.
A key part of the go to market strategy is the Partner programme. With a stated ambition to be the most Partner centric CPaaS platform, the community now numbers greater than 320 partners worldwide.
Ready for 2020, additional roles in the EMEA team are being created to recruit and manage relationships with a blend of System Integrators, Service Providers and SaaS business.
Why this role matters
An important and senior role, the Regional Partner Director is responsible for all Partners and Partner activity within their region. You will work with and have the support of a broader team that includes Partner Marketing, Partner Enablement, Sales and Customer Solution Architects/Engineers. Together with Partner Marketing you will segment your existing partner ecosystem to optimally & programmatically manage much of your Partner community, whilst working with the Sales Country Managers to target, recruit & manage larger partners in a more hands on fashion
For global Alliances HQ’d out of a different region, you will also be responsible for working the local execution of those relationships in conjunction with your counterpart based in one of the other 2 regions in which we operate.
You will report to the Global VP Partners and your key internal stakeholders will be VP Sales EMEA and relevant country managers
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Partner Management: You will have a strong and successful track record covering a minimum of 6 years in working with a partner community focussed on Technology Sales. You will be able to demonstrate a history of structuring and managing Partner relationships.
- Maintaining an ongoing rhythm of business/performance management to ensure the relationship is a success.
- Building relationships with your partners is a priority to you and you’ll have built solid relationships with mid and senior level executives across sales, business, marketing and technology teams. Your approach to building these relationships is structured, objective driven and high velocity.
- Your successful track record will include 5+ years experience within the SaaS, Communications, Cloud, Data or Security industries where you will have worked in an environment that takes a solution-oriented sales approach to the full sales life-cycle.
- Winning New Business: Your partners will include Global/Regional System Integrators, SaaS Providers & Service Providers. The primary focus is to build a partnership that will develop strong pipeline together with a Vonage and ultimately very strong revenue growth
What you'll bring
- Experienced in Selling Communication, Customer Engagement, UC, Storage, Security or CRM solutions in SaaS or PaaS models.
- Working with Partners to identify new business opportunities and working across both organisations to pull together teams to win together.
- An understanding of how business plans are built around CPaaS technologies
- Identifying the business opportunity for our partners from working with Vonage. Articulating that to prospective partners, understanding their business and developing successful business plans
- Structuring a growth plan that covers enablement, innovation, marketing & sales.
What's required for application
- A demonstrable focus on high paced and high volume growth
- A tech savvy mind, with a good understanding of the trends driving innovation in technology, particularly in mobile, cloud and consumer areas
- You independently tackle challenges and don’t need anyone to keep you on track. You’re organized, efficient & structured with a self starter attitude.
- You’re creative and curious with the focus and openness it takes to work both independently and collaboratively across the business.
- The ability to travel depending upon the demands of the region
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.