Vonage Sales Mission:
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this job matters:
As a Sales Development Representative you will be responsible for creating, identifying, and qualifying new sales opportunities. Your final goal will be to schedule meetings with qualified prospects, and pass them on to our Account Managers.
You will be the very first point of contact a potential customer will have with Nexmo/Vonage and play a vital role not only in generating sales pipeline, but helping us refine sales and marketing strategy based on your interactions and successes with prospects.
There are tremendous growth opportunities within this position and team. You will have a chance to learn and develop skills on B2B technology sales and marketing. We are growing rapidly and we expect our SDRs to grow to more senior positions across the organization as you gain experience and achieve higher levels of performance.
If this sounds like you, continue reading below...
What you will do:
- Performing outbound sales activities, and contact potential clients through phone/video calls, emails, LinkedIn or other channels;
- Discovering new leads through creative internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using LinkedIn Navigator and other sales tools
- Qualifying customers based on a thorough knowledge of Nexmo platform products
- Keeping meticulous and detailed notes updated in our CRM system;
- Scheduling meetings and demos for our Account Managers;
- Collaborating with marketing, account managers, and sales leadership to optimize performance
- Achieve quota on number of qualified opportunities and closed revenue
- Develop and maintain territory plan with Account Managers from your assigned geography
- Supporting Outreach’s marketing efforts by assisting in online and other marketing campaigns
What you will bring:
- Highly collaborative mindset who is a team player - our success is together, not alone.
- Willingness to talk on the phone and on video with prospects
- Ability to work at a fast pace to have as many meaningful interactions with prospects as possible each day
- Goal-oriented mindset
- Creativity around new ideas to help the team be successful
- Autonomy and ability to make things happen without supervision or tight control
- Keen interest in growing their career in tech
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills
What is required of you:
- Lead generation and / or sales experience in B2B environments, especially in the software industry
- Call Center experience
What is in it for you:
In addition, to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.