Location: Remote, Worldwide
As the technical product manager for Nexmo Developer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that customers have all the information they need to integrate Nexmo in to their application. Nexmo Developer is more than just documentation, it’s the first interaction developers will have with Nexmo and we have to make it count. As the manager, you’ll be responsible for setting the direction we go in as we grow the platform’s capabilities, and the documentation that it hosts.
What you’ll do
- Approach each day with positivity. How can we turn what appears to be a problem into an opportunity?
- Manage a group of engineers and technical writers, including supporting their career growth and resolving any issues faced.
- Work with product and engineering to understand the upcoming roadmap and ensure that the developer experience is the best it can be on launch day for each feature.
- Take a data driven approach to identifying areas of improvement for the documentation.
- Brainstorm ideas to reduce a user’s time to first API call in the documentation (e.g. interactive demos, code samples prepopulated with real authentication keys)
- Understand the Nexmo product catalogue in depth and help your team put together real world use cases that enable our customers
Who you are
- Empathy is a core value for you. You see the best intentions in all actions and help move things forward.
- You care deeply about developers and understand their processes and frustrations.
- You’ve led teams and are passionate about growing and managing people to their full potential.
- Experience of writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- Comfortable working across all internal functional areas (product, engineering, marketing) to deliver team goals and build good relationships with all stakeholders
- You’re happy to delegate implementation to teammates, focusing on understanding what comes next.