Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Solutions Engineering provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Vonage sales efforts. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Vonage business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities. The Solutions Engineer II is an individual contributor providing Solutions Engineering advice and support across specific sales / client groups and product areas.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Provide Solutions Engineering pre-sales support for an assigned base of mid-size and moderately complex customers.
- Partner with sales teams to understand client product-related expectations and requirements.
- Attend sales calls and assist with sales efforts.
- Conduct technical interviews with customers to clearly define needs.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
- Review quotes, RFPs, plans and other customer documentation – providing technical information and clarifying questions and uncertainties for both Vonage and customer representatives.
- Provide sales tools and training for sales teams on conducting effective presentations and product demonstrations.
- Provide technical assistance to product management, marketing and sales training teams.
- Conduct product and technical presentations both onsite and remotely; translate technical terminology into language easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Address product-related questions from both internal (sales) and external (customer) perspectives.
- Assist with post-sale product performance evaluation.
What you'll bring
- Experience within the SaaS. Cloud Storage, Data or Security industries.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated consultative selling experience.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret product and service-related situations.
- Experience as a compelling, passionate and confident public speaker.
- Ability to:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors and customers.
- Understand sales processes, strategies and solution selling.
- Dig into issues and problems to understand underlying causes.
- Create convincing proposals and documentation.
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Prior experience as a Solutions Engineer.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.