Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, has built its successful global sales team on individuals who possess tech savviness, superior customer relationship skills, a passion for hunting new business, and proven capability building and closing a qualified sales pipeline.
Our global sales organisation spans EMEA, APAC and AMER and includes Mid-Market and Key Account Manager as well as Pre-Sales and Customer Success Teams. 2017 was an exciting year of growth for the team with 35 additions (taking us to a Global Sales Org of 70+) and we’re continuing our rapid market expansions in 2018 as we challenge the team to identify, close and develop new accounts exclusively for our CPaaS API products.
Why this role matters
As a Business Development Director you’ll grow net revenue from existing accounts and new accounts as you target the hottest enterprise and startup organisations to understand their business objectives and consult on how to achieve them by leveraging our communication platforms.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Technology Sales: Your successful track record will include 3+ years experience within the SaaS, Cloud, Storage, Data or Security industries where you will have taken a solution oriented sales approach to the full sales life-cycle, driving company growth by consistently building and maintaining a healthy pipeline, enabling you to meet and aggressively exceed targets.
- Winning New Business: Your hunting ground will be in ShangHai/China and targets include relevant and large Digital Natives (ISVs, SaaS, digital first companies) and Agile Enterprises. With plenty of defined key verticals such as Healthcare / Education tech innovators, Digital Marketplaces, Gaming, new logo wins will be second nature to you.
- Account Management: Building relationship within your accounts is a priority to you and you’ll have built solid relationships with mid and senior level executives across business, marketing and technology teams.
- Partnering with Pre-Sales Engineers: You’ll aid the team in designing innovative CPaaS solutions for prospects looking to migrate their Communication Infrastructure into the Cloud, integrating APIs into their customer experience flows.
What you'll bring
- Selling Communication, UC/RTC, Storage, Security or CRM solutions in SaaS or PaaS models.
- Building and closing a pipeline of significant Annual Recurring Revenue.Conducting Quarterly Business Reviews with your largest customers, sharing product roadmaps, identifying areas of improvement, and leveraging Senior Leadership to strengthen business.
- Permanently checking the best set of actions to deliver against the revenue plan.
- Accurate and timely forecasting, acting as a business leader to build a solid, predictable and recurring revenue.
What's required for application
- A customer driven focus and the ability to quickly pivot in a fast paced environment.
- A tech savvy mind, with a good understanding of the trends driving innovation in technology, particularly in mobile, cloud and consumer areasYou independently tackle challenges and don’t need anyone to keep you on track. You’re organized and efficient with a self starter attitude.
- You’re creative and curious with the focus and openness it takes to work both independently and collaboratively across the business.
- The ability to travel depending upon the demands of the region
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.