Location: Remote, Worldwide
We are looking for an experienced developer advocate, technical writer to join us as a Manager on the Developer Education team at Nexmo, Tokbox & Vonage. Our Developer Educators enhance the ecosystem around our technologies through the creation of content covering a wide range of products, services, and programming languages.
You’ll collaborate and coordinate with other Developer Educators, our Developer Advocates, Product and Content Marketing Teams to understand all of the Nexmo, Tokbox and Vonage product offerings and then create regularly written tutorials, blog posts and content series that will engage and inspire developers at all skill levels.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing others in either the Developer Education or Developer Relations space as well as a strong background of creativity in how they make topics relatable, how they illustrate tough concepts and data driven in how they gather their ideas and inspiration of what to create next.
- Manage a team of Developer Educators focussed on written content, on our domains and for external publication.
- Be hands on. Write tutorials and blog posts that engage, educate and inspire developers using the whole suite of Nexmo & Tokbox APIs.
- Experiment with new and emerging technologies, languages, frameworks and ways to help developers learn about our APIs faster.
- Collaborate with Developer Advocates, Product, Engineering, Content Marketing and other colleagues to grow and improve the Nexmo and Vonage content output in terms of variety and scope.
- Define and refine content production processes. You’ll actively look for ways to automate things that require it so the team focus stays on creativity and quality output.
- Reach developers wherever they are online and drive adoption by understanding their issues, goals and tooling needs. You’ll be keen to use data as well as your own experience to drive this.
- Discover, guide, and work with, external contributors to ensure we publish content that represents the variety of approaches used by the Nexmo/TokBox developer communities.
- Monitor external communities like Stack Overflow, Dev.to, Discourse and Slack to identify new pieces of content to create, then make it happen.
- 2+ years experience in a related API/SaaS technology field.
- Experience of managing and/or mentoring others in Developer Education, Developer Relations, Technical Writing or Coding Bootcamps.
- Experience of copy editing and writing for audiences of varying levels of skill.
- An excellent track record of regular publishing, either for another company or on your own.
- You have previously worked as part of a remote team or you are excited about the prospect of being a part of one.
- A passion for communications technologies and their business application.
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams (developer relations, product, marketing, customer success, etc).
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts in a written manner as well as in person.
Why Nexmo? Our values!
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to simplify communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you, then we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.