Vonage has built its successful global Support teams on individuals with technical savviness, superior customer relationship skills, and a passion for learning. We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users impressed, loyal and true advocates of our company!
Why this role matters?
As an API/SDK Support Engineer at Vonage, you will provide first-class technical support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who are integrating our real-time communication APIs and SDKs.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do?
- Thoroughly understand multimedia technologies and protocols such as SIP, WebRTC
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to IP based network technologies
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem solve, have a natural curiosity and demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly
- Communicate well with different audiences (developers, technical and non-technical users)
What you will bring?
- The key experiences we are looking for:
- Experience as either a Developer Support Engineer or a Technical Support Engineer in either the telecommunications or technology sectors
- Experience of supporting API or SDK implementation and/or integration
- Linux/Unix operating systems experience
Any of the following are a huge plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with other programming languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Node
- Experience with IP-based real-time communications (VoIP, WebRTC, Websockets)
- Conceptual understanding of the principles of good software design
What is in it for you?
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.