Java / JVM Advocate
As a Java developer advocate at Nexmo, your main responsibilities will be to support the JVM community (yes, that means Kotlin too!) and ensure that customers writing for the JVM have the best experience possible. This will include providing SDK and API feedback to internal teams and producing demos and documentation for the wider developer community to help them get started with Nexmo.
What you’ll do
- Maintain our Java Server SDK and supporting tools such as our Kotlin JWT generator, our Spring Boot starter and more!
- Ensure that there are examples of how to use the SDK to achieve common use cases on https://developer.nexmo.com
- Create both technical and non technical presentations, creating a way to interact with the developer community through social media, streaming, webinars and blog posts
- Visit meetups, roadshows, boot camps and hackathons to build in-person relationships with the developer community
- Support community developers on our community Slack channel, Stack Overflow and other forums
- Continue to foster a healthy community globally through engaging with the Java / Kotlin developer communities to provide feedback and showcase Nexmo.
- Work in an open-source manner. You’ll be responsible for gathering requirements that are essential for adoption of Nexmo by the JVM community. This includes encouraging and reviewing open-source contributions, and providing feedback to contributors to our projects.
Who you are
- Empathy is a core value for you. You see the best intentions in all actions and help move things forward
- 2+ years professional Java experience
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Experience of writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience
- Familiarity with at least 3 of the following: Java, Kotlin, Scala, Spring, Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Maven, Gradle, SBT, Git, Jackson
- Experience of giving technical talks within an organisation, at meetups or at events
- Comfortable working in a distributed team with autonomy