We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
As a Vonage QA Automation Engineer, you will test the infrastructure and business logic for next-generation unified communication platforms. The individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the Automated Test Case Creation, Test Planning as well as Test Execution.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Use the latest technologies such as AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, micro-service architecture, MongoDB, Docker, Java, and Python
- Work closely with developers to create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality.
- Take components and end to end testing responsibilities
- Work closely with developers Product Owners & Scrum Masters to review product
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy/effort
- Generate API Level Automated Test Scripts using various technologies and tools
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
What you'll bring
- Self-motivation, creativity and proactiveness to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including, diverse technologies, labs and architectures.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product defects
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and challenging, team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's required for application
- B.S./B.A. degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or technical certification and/or experience
- 3 years Test Automation experience – good software development/scripting skills in common languages like Python, JAVA, PERL ,C++, and/or Bash, etc.
- Experience with testing applications with multi-tier and distributed architecture, preferably with Restful Web Service and other J2EE applications
- Experience in testing Kafka or similar queuing services
- Exposure to API Security testing and vulnerability testing
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system
- API testing with knowledge of REST and SOAP APIs
- Developing test scripts at a highly proficient level
- API automation tools such as Postman, SoapUI, etc
- Understanding of DB principles / Technologies with familiarity in Mongo and PostgreSQL
- XML, XSLT, JSON experience
- Documenting, tracking and escalating issues as appropriate with the ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
- Handling complex software system infrastructure tasks – from requirements to production.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.