Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms. We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. You can join our team as a Software Engineer II and grow your career with the best engineers around.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Provide software engineering support for an assigned set of applications or system elements.
- Design, code and test software systems for telecommunications and data communications applications.
- Analyze system user and customer requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for new and existing systems, making recommendations for their improvement.
- Support project and other engineering teams in helping determine overall system solutions.
- Convert legacy code to the company’s new code base.
- Identify and automate manual tasks.
- Identify network, server or software bottlenecks and recommend system improvements.
- Support team efforts to research, adapt and apply emerging technologies.
What you will bring
- Solid working knowledge of the technical and process characteristics and advantages of Vonage products and services.
- Desire to be part of a talented and motivated team of engineers.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, such as C#, Java or Python.
- Familiarity with integration methodology tools.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Design Principles.
- Ability to:
- Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex technical and system problems.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Prior experience (2-3 years) in a Software Engineering or related position.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move: Software Engineer III