We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Now a part of Vonage, Nexmo is the emerging global leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many other brands use our APIs and SDKs to provide great communications experiences for their customers everywhere in the world. With the rapid growth in customers using our communication APIs, we are expanding our team in Indonesia.
Why this role matters
We are looking for an experienced Technical Specialist with a background in carrier and technical pre sales, who enjoys learning new technologies, and has a passion for helping customers succeed. The person must know the Indonesia market intimately and ideally have experience working with both carriers locally and customers.
The person will need to be self sufficient and operate in the market independently, especially in the early stages. This will include setting up and coordinating the relationships with local carriers and ensuring the architecture is resilient and the commercial agreement works for both voice and SMS services. The person will also work alongside the regional sales team and the rest of the organisation to make sure that Vonage is successful locally.
Technical Specialists at Vonage possess excellent communication skills, both speaking and writing with our customers and internal stakeholders. They also have great judgment and personal organisation habits to ensure every customer issue gets the right focus. Our Technical Specialists are fascinated with problem solving, have a natural curiosity and can demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Manage all carrier relationships for the market (both technical and commercial)
- Working with the sales team to ensure the capacity, resilience and telecoms features are available now and in the future
- Providing customers with lightning-fast response and resolution times to technical questions, combined with great communication, so they are delighted with the Nexmo service.
- Getting stuff done for the customer, doing whatever it takes to ensure their success.
- Capturing knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support.
What you'll bring
- Sourcing, attracting and hiring the best software development and product talent in the market
- Great learning capabilities.
- Data management skills
- Working closely with hiring managers throughout the recruiting process
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation as well as externally
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
What's required for application
- At least 10 - 15 years carrier and or pre sales experience in the Indonesia market
- Experience with Voice technologies: SIP, VoiceXML, CCXML, WebRTC
- Excellent understanding of networking: TCP/IP, UDP, most common protocols
- Familiarity with developer's tools and languages (PHP/Python/Ruby/Node/Java)
- Voice software: Asterisk, Freeswitch, Kamailio, Voxeo Prophecy
What you’re good at:
- Working independently and having direct accountability for the carrier services
- Identifying larger opportunities, so our sales team can ensure we meet the needs of our most important clients.
- Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes.
What you’re great at:
- Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Communicating well on complex technical topics
- Demonstrating diplomacy in your interactions with customers and internal departments
- Learning new technologies
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.