We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
We offer a competitive salary for the Bay Area, including annual bonus and RSU, as well as a great benefit package. Why go to a company where your work gets lost in a sea of engineers contributing to a small piece of the machine. Your work matters here at Vonage. We value creativity and individuality.
Why this role matters
TokBox Inc., a leader in WebRTC communications (a Vonage company), is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Cloud Platform Engineering team. Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms.
We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. You can join our team as a Cloud Software Engineer, growing your own career and helping others succeed.
This is a hands-on technical software development position that involves working on advanced server technologies. We are looking for strong candidates with real-world experience designing and delivering high-capacity high-performance services. Position title will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Design/implement new features and algorithmic strategies to improve media quality and capabilities of our platform.
- Contribute to scaling our server architectures for media streaming, distributed computing, smart routing and networking, quality optimization strategies, audio/video archiving, real-time broadcast as well as some related things on the messaging stack of our platform
- Working on multiple projects spanning high-performance media servers, distributed messaging fabric and distributed state servers.
- Continue to push efforts to promote testing and delivering high quality products.
What you'll bring
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and ongoing improvement of one or more components of our proprietary cloud technology stack for routing, scaling and distributing real-time audio, video, and event streams.
Doing well in this role will mean you are highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working collaboratively in a high-octane team environment.
What's required for application
- 5+ years experience working on backend systems, with excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, memory management, and concurrency.
- Experience building high-quality distributed systems or backend services.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working collaboratively in a high-octane team environment.
- Ability to lead and follow. This position requires ownership of design and implementation of platform components. It also requires an ability to follow established standards and methods when contributing to other platform components.
- Expertise in one of C++, Java.
Nice to Have, but Certainly not Necessary
- Experience with RDBMS, Redis and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with architecting load balancers to distribute load across stateful servers.
- Experience with WebRTC, RTP, XMPP, SIP, or media codecs is a plus.
- Experience with Linux based deployments and docker.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.