Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API Platform (formerly Nexmo) London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Vonage API Platform (formerly Nexmo) is looking to re-build and scale the internal tooling that supports our business critical operations teams. This role is perfect for somebody who wants to make a big impact and take advantage of faster feedback cycles where your key customers are also your colleagues.
We want to attract an innovative thinker who sees this role as an opportunity to incubate new ideas that could eventually be productised publicly. For example, a debugging tool used by our internal support teams could be offered as a developer facing self-service tool.
Ideally we’re looking for someone with experience creating intuitive web applications built on top of scalable microservices. This is quite a technical role that would suit somebody with previous telco industry or API experience.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Own and maintain the roadmap for internal tools that need to solve complex problems around routing, pricing, debugging, fraud etc.
- Work closely with engineering teams to design globally scalable solutions.
- Collaborate with other PM’s to identify opportunities for new products.
- Work with key business stakeholders to collect, prioritize, and validate business requirements for delivery.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders from all levels across the organization to inform them of progress updates and decisions.
- Document, train, and coach teams to effectively use the products, features, and solutions you deliver.
What you will bring
- Highly analytical and at ease with influencing others through facts, insights, and great presentation abilities.
- Learning and open mindset: not constrained to use only one set of technologies from previous experience; open to different methods to achieve business goals.
- Experience rolling up your sleeves at start-ups or able to demonstrate an ambitious track record at a large corporation or in parallel to your work.
What is required for application
- Minimum 1 year of Product Management experience or experience building/using APIs as a developer.
- Comfortable presenting and explaining complex ideas to multiple different stakeholders.
- Is excited about building tools to help 1000s of employees be better at their jobs.
- Understanding of databases (MySQL), SQL queries and data schemas.
- Able to work with data in formats such as CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), definition of done frameworks.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Computer Science degree or similar technical qualification.
- Knowledge of enterprise SaaS such as CRMs, Analytics tools, iPaaS platforms.
- Cares about the little big details when wireframing/prototyping complex UIs for web applications.
- 5 years experience in a relevant sector and function.
- Previous software development experience at some point in your career.
- Hands on experience with business operations and/or analysis in the telco, travel, or finance sector.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Product Manager