Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
At Vonage we believe we've just scratched the surface of enabling developers to embed communications into any app or device using APIs. The Vonage API platform captures tens of millions of data points every single day for more than a dozen products for hundreds of thousands of customers in over 200 markets.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager, Business Analyst or Developer who wants to pivot to deliver best in class solutions for Vonage's data pipeline and infrastructure.
You will be responsible for defining the data management strategy that enables Vonage to standardize and scale its current data pipeline for its current products whilst enabling new products to store and expose their logs. Working cross-functionally with other product teams, business functions, and customers to understand their different data requirements, develop and maintain the systems that enable us to process, store and deliver valuable insights to the business and our customers.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in a high volume data business or industry such a Telco, FinTech, E-commerce or another complex software environment. A solid foundation in a SaaS technology industry would be a distinct advantage.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Own and deliver the data management, tools services and operational strategy for the Vonage Product portfolio
- Own and maintain Vonage data retention policy working with our Legal council and within compliance guidelines
- Work with other Product Managers, Dashboard, Business Intelligence, Business Operations, Support, Engineering, Billing, Finance & Legal teams to define and build the best-in-class data management products
- Work with Engineering to oversee the delivery of new features and products
- Integrate user and customer feedback and performance metrics continuously into plans
- Understand the competitive landscape and how data management capabilities can enable Vonage to differentiate from its competition
- Manage requirements for pricing, rating and provisioning accounts and logs to enable billing as a critical part of data management
What you will bring
- Consistent track record working in and delivering complex multi-stream projects
- Highly analytical and at ease with influencing others through facts, insights and great presentation abilities
- Self-Aware and confident in the unique blend of technology, market, business and relevant domain skills you bring to the table and how you want to develop as a leader
- Learning mindset: not constrained to use only one set of technologies from previous experience; open to different methods to achieve business goals
- Experience rolling up your sleeves at start-ups or able to demonstrate an ambitious track record at a large corporation or in parallel to your work.
What is required for application
- Computer Science degree or siilar technical qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant sector and function
- Minimum 3 years of Product Management experience
- Previous software development experience at some point in your career
- Experience building API products or using APIs as a developer
- Familiar with technical, security, regulatory challenges & standard methodologies running enterprise-scale services in the cloud globally
- Exposure to PCI DSS, GDPR, SOX, HIPAA, SOC2 requirements and processes
- Regional data management requirements and implementation
- Kafka and Elasticsearch experience and has also utilized Kibana and Grafana
- Worked with and delivered management systems utilizing Google Data Store and AWS S3 (or similar)
- Experience in building resilient and performant distributed data management solutions using various database technologies with MySQL, Couchbase, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.
- Able to work with data in formats such as CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- An understanding of business system integration models, SOA and APIs
- Experience with a large volume data industry such as:
- Payments, Ecommerce or micro-payments
- Music or Entertainment with large volume transactions
- Enterprise communications esp VoIP, Messaging, Unified Communications
- Enterprise SaaS such as CRM, Analytics, Campaign Mgt, Collaboration
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and project management tools
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups
Potential Next Career Move: Expert Product Manager/Product Director