- Organization: Vonage API Group Product
- Location: London, UK
- Travel Requirements: Light travel
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage API London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Vonage is looking for a passionate Agile coach to help us work more effectively. You will be working across different engineering and non-engineering teams involved in delivering a product for our customers, including developers, product managers, support, marketing, developer relations and other relevant teams.
You will be part of the Product Operations team whose purpose it is to help improve the health and effectiveness of the organisation making our delivery process more effective and efficient by the adoption of agile/lean principles and practices. As a team, we work closely together, help each other and learn from each other. We use the same principles and values that we are helping other teams to foster.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Manage key initiatives helping the product team operate as effectively as possible, including collaborations, processes and tools we use and the way we communicate with our stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline cross-functionally around the way we build and launch new features and products
- Identify, adapt and implement good and best practices with collaboration and experimentation and coaching
- Use metrics to identify and explore changes
- Run and review quarterly planning process across product portfolios
- Use portfolio management tools (JIRA, Rally, Align etc.), to make planning process more effective
- Capture, report and drive product delivery metrics
- Maintain and Improve existing Definition of Done framework. Create & facilitate appropriate forums for planning & managing Definition of Done. Run initiatives to improve adoption of Definition of Done across Vonage.
- Support tooling (Wiki, JIRA, Align etc.)
- Maintain and improve prioritisation framework. Work with all the product teams to improve adoption of prioritisation framework.
- Optimize the new product request intake process and improve visibility to stakeholders outside the product organization.
What you will bring
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle phases and processes
- Good knowledge or experience in Agile methodologies and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Good knowledge in Product Development & Management tools (JIRA, Rally, Align etc.)
- Experience with cross-functional project coordination
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong facilitation and change management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Great team player who enjoys a collaborative environment
- Passion for agile change
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in product or portfolio management in a high technology setting
- Expert-level knowledge of tools supporting Enterprise Agile (Jira, Rally, Align etc.)
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave (subject to team availability & manager approval)
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Train Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Beer O’clock Fridays
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meetups, i.e. yearly Hackathons, etc
- Quarterly tech talks
Potential Next Career Move: Expert/Principal Agile Coach