Vonage Product Management Mission
We bridge technology and the business needs to deliver new products and services to the market. We imagine the future and orchestrate cross-functional efforts to bring it to life. We apply business understanding, customer knowledge and competitive awareness to collaborate with and lead efforts to envision, design, develop and execute state-of-the-art products and features. Our output changes the communications game.
What you'll do
As a talented individual who is passionate about voip, infrastructure as a code, cloud and automation technologies you will be working with a group of voice, infrastructure and DevOps engineers and architects on maintaining, improving and developing Vonage voice infrastructure that provides real time services to thousands of concurrent users.
- Maintain and develop Vonage voice infrastructure
- Contribute and deliver against strategic initiatives
- Own the problem, quality, deployment speed and cost (recommend if we should buy or build)
- Develop and share your knowledge
What you'll bring
To be part of the Vonage team you need a desire to collaborate, to keep on learning and the discipline to deliver nothing short of excellence. We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Detailed knowledge of VoIP software (we use Kamailio & Ribbon SBC) and related protocols such as SIP, RTP, SDP or willingness to learn these to advanced level
- Strong VoIP and SIP development experience which you are willing to utilise in DevOps environment
Good knowledge of Linux (we use Centos & Debian)
Good knowledge of Python, Bash
The concept of infrastructure as a code is not foreign to you (we use Chef, Terraform and API calls)
Knowledge of Amazon AWS services, Vagrant, Grafana, Jenkins pipelines, GIT, Jira
- Good TCP/IP understanding
Your Character Traits:
- You have analytical mindset and pragmatic approach
- The idea of learning new technologies appeals to you
- You want to share your knowledge, support your colleagues and you want your team to be successful (it is about the team success not only yours).
- You are detail oriented
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You want your team to be successful and you like sharing your knowledge with others
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including volunteering days and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.