The Vonage API business (formerly Nexmo) has experienced market leading growth over the last 4 years through sales of its Communications API Platform and associated services into Digital Natives and Enterprise Businesses. A truly global business, Vonage has significant market presence in APAC, EMEA and the Americas.
A key part of the go to market strategy is the Partner programme. With a stated ambition to be the most Partner centric CPaaS platform, the community now numbers greater than 320 partners worldwide.
For 2020 a critical new role of Alliance Partner Manager is being created to recruit and manage partner relationships with the largest, typically global, System Integrators, Service Providers and SaaS business.
Why this role matters
As an Alliance Partner Manager you will have the support and endorsement of senior leadership up to President level within Vonage and you will target and develop strategic relationships with key partners. This will involve identifying businesses with the right profile that can add value to the Vonage API Platform, building and executing a global Alliance plan, working closely with the Head of GSI Partners, Partner Marketing, Partner Enablement and the relevant sales teams.
For global Alliances HQ’d out of a different region, you will also be responsible for working the local execution of those relationships in conjunction with your counterpart based in one of the other 2 regions in which we operate.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Partner/Alliance Management: You will have a strong and successful track record covering a minimum of 8 years in working with a partner community focussed on Technology Sales. You will be able to demonstrate a history of structuring and managing strategic relationships.
- Maintaining an ongoing rhythm of business/performance management to ensure the relationship is a success.
- Your approach to building these relationships is structured, objective driven and high velocity.
- Your successful track record will include 5+ years experience within the Platform, SaaS, Communications, Cloud, Customer Engagement or CRM industries where you will have worked in an environment that takes a solution-oriented sales approach to the full sales life-cycle.
- Winning New Business: Your partners will include a small number of Global/Regional System Integrators, Global SaaS Providers & Service Providers. The primary focus for 2020 is accelerate sales and technical readiness, build a partnership that will develop strong pipeline together with a Vonage and ultimately very strong revenue growth
- Working to align all relevant Vonage teams to the Partner’s organisation to win hearts and minds, whilst building a strong & well aligned plan with regional sales teams
What you'll bring
- Ability to sell Application, Platform and Services
- A solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your Partners and their customers see value from Vonage products
- Working with Partners to identify new business opportunities and working across both organisations to pull together teams to win..
- Structuring a business plan that covers enablement, innovation, marketing, sales & revenue growth
What's required for application
- A demonstrable focus on high paced and high volume growth
- A tech savvy mind, with a good understanding of the trends driving innovation in technology, particularly in mobile, cloud and consumer areas
- You independently tackle challenges and don’t need anyone to keep you on track. You’re organized, efficient & structured with a self starter attitude.
- You’re creative and curious with the focus and openness it takes to work both independently and collaboratively across the business.
- The ability to travel depending upon the demands of the region
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.