Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
We are an emerging leader in the $100b+ cloud communication and telecom markets. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our communications platform to connect with their customers. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
We are now looking for a talented VOIP developer to join our team. In this position you will work on major real-time communications applications that are using some of the latest technologies. Some of the opportunities and challenges for this role are listed below, and we invite you to apply if you have an interest in the following;
- Challenging scaling and infrastructural requirements
- Opportunities to develop applications from an idea to Production
- Opportunities to engage and collaborate with Open Source communities
- Learn, and teach, inside a dynamic and motivated Engineering team
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain the components of the SIP infrastructure
- Ensure the SIP infrastructure meets the operational requirements
- Develop tools to monitor and analyse audio quality in the SIP infrastructure
- Assist in automation tasks (deployment, configuration, QA)
- Assess requirements and discuss and estimate design solutions
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with all the relevant areas
- Ensure the relevant source code repos are handled according to known good practices
What you'll bring
- Wide knowledge of Real Time Communication protocols and technologies (SIP, SDP, RTP, SRTP)
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems, networking and tools
- Experience developing and maintaining applications with real-time requirements are desirable (C, C++, Java, Python, Go are all suitable programming languages)
- Understanding of security and authentication standard methodologies
- Understanding of standard audio and video codecs, and common issues in media sessions
- Experience with large VoIP production environments
- Familiarity with Configuration Management and automation
- Familiarity with WebRTC technologies
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructures
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, provides tools for voice, messaging and phone verification, allowing developers to embed programmable communications into mobile apps, websites and business systems. Nexmo enables enterprises to reimagine their digital customer experiences by providing them with the tools they need to easily communicate information to customers in real-time through text messaging, chat, social media and voice.
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.