Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why VOIP Development at Vonage matters
We are an emerging leader in the $100b+ cloud communication and telecom markets. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our communications platform to connect with their customers. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
We are now looking for a talented VOIP Developer to join our very talented SIP team. As part of this team you will work with some of the brightest minds in voice engineering, solving unique challenges on a daily basis . As a VOIP Developer at Vonage you will work on real-time communications applications that are using some of the latest technologies to tackle the challenges of latency critical communications across the globe.
- Develop challenging scaling and infrastructural requirements
- Opportunities to develop applications from an idea to production
- Learn, and teach, inside a dynamic and motivated voice engineering team
- Work on a platform with global reach where latency is key
What you'll do
- Develop ground breaking new components of the SIP infrastructure
- Maintain existing components of the SIP infrastructure
- Ensure the SIP infrastructure meets the operational requirements
- Develop tools to monitor and analyse audio quality in the SIP infrastructure
- Assist in automation tasks (deployment, configuration, QA)
- Assess requirements and discuss and estimate design solutions
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with all the relevant areas
- Ensure the relevant source code repos are handled according to known good practices
What you'll bring
- Wide knowledge of Real Time Communication protocols and technologies (SIP, SDP, RTP, SRTP)
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems, networking and tools
- Good knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, Bash or Lua
- Knowledge of opensource such as Kamailio, Asterisk and FreeSWITCH
- Understanding of security and authentication standard methodologies
- Understanding of standard audio and video codecs, and common issues in media sessions
- Experience with large VoIP production environments
- Familiarity with Configuration Management and automation
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructures
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Equity Grant
- Career Progression
- The chance to use new technologies
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Social Meetups, Hackathons and Tech talks
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Matched pension
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
What we value:
We value disruptive innovation. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.