Travel Requirements: Light travel
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Vonage API is growing fast and is always working on new products. That means we continuously need to improve the collaboration between developers and operations. This is where our SRE team comes in, providing the tools and automation for the smoothest pipeline from the developer laptop to the production servers, helping the QA team providing fast and accurate results, exploring new technologies to improve reliability and efficiency of our services.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Working on maintenance and improvement of current tools
- Investigating and troubleshooting production or QA problems related to environment
- Write new automation and service for OPS
- Improve the monitoring of the cloud environment
- Evaluation and integration of new tools
- Proactivity make propositions for improvements
What you will bring
- We are looking for multiple SRE Engineers of all levels to come to join our team and work on our pipelines, explore new technologies and find reliable and scalable solutions to problems or limitations of our current environment.
- The list of skill and requirements below functions as a taster of what our team gets involved with, and we do not by any means expect one person to have exposure to all of it. If the team and Vonage sound interesting to you, and you have a true passion for SRE we invite you to apply no matter your current level and discuss opportunities with us further!
What is required for application
- You have strong background in Linux administration
- Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Good scripting skills (python, bash, groovy, ruby)
- Experience with configuration management (puppet, ansible) and source code management (GIT)
- Knowledge of some monitoring and graphing tools (riemann, icinga, graphite, grafana)
- Experience with databases (mysql, couchbase, redshift, dynamo DB, mongo DB, …)
- Understanding of of developer’s tools and languages (gradle, java)
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Rackspace, Softlayer, GCE) is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of logstash, kafka, consul, zookeeper is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Train Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Beer O’clock Fridays
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meetups, i.e. yearly Hackathons, etc
- Quarterly tech talks
Potential Next Career Move: Senior SRE Engineer