Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Come grow your career at Vonage with our Delivery team. Quality at Vonage is at the center of everything we do. If you want to create products that change the world and are committed 100% to customer success—this is the place. Great products. Great people. Great team. Great opportunity. We are looking for highly motivated technical talent that will step up and have an impact.
We are looking to hire extraordinary senior software engineers who have taken their career to testing and development process automation.
You will be developing automated tools and tests to continuously improve the efficiency of our software development process and the quality of the software we develop.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Work in an Agile team
- Develop automated tests and test frameworks
- Improve our Continuous Integration pipeline
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve or establish quality processes
- Help automate all aspects of the software engineering process
- Review designs and code done by others and provide constructive feedback
- Continuously develop your own skills and help others to improve theirs
What you will bring
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What is required for application
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience before moving to testing and automation
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system
- Automation testing knowledge of REST APIs
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud (e.g. AWS, SoftLayer
- Experience with performance testing frameworks (e.g. Gatling, wrk2)
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)
Potential Next Career Move: Senior/Staff Software Engineer